Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tasmanian Women's Bible Conference

It has been a little while between drinks, hasn't it? My apologies, our aim will be to contribute weekly - there it's in black and white, we'll have to stick with it. To be honest Jess is studying at SMBC now and she was always my techno guru, I had to reset my password and everything this arvo just to log on!!!

Anyway recently via Mikey's blog 'xn reflections' he was referring to and if I could I would do the link but alas no Jess no tech guru here! a blog written by a woman about the guilt one may get from women's conferences. She has a list of things she feels she gets out of articles and conferences specific to women, to name a few:
* making family budgets
* making meals for people at church
* re-organising our pantries and getting the house under control.

Let me tell you these are not the things you will get out of TWBC this year. The Tasmanian Women's Bible Conference is a day conference for women whose desire is to have their minds, hearts and lives shaped by the Bible. With Allison Street (our main speaker) we will be looking at Luke 14, thinking about the cost of following Jesus. We also have an array of very interesting topics to choose from on the elective side: live simply, so others may simply live ( thinking about our preoccupation with stuff and how that doesn't help with our holiness), Going the distance (thinking about how to keep running the race) and other great topics.
There is still time to enrol, we'd love to have all women, of all ages come and join us as we together consider what God's word has to say to us. For more info email us at twbcsouth@hotmail.com, or leave a comment

2 comments:

  1. It sounds great! I wish I could be there! Sorry about that password stuff! Does make me laugh though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha! You would be proud of me I even checked the hotmail address for TWBC yesterday!
    We wish you could be here also

    ReplyDelete